Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Finished ........

After weeks and many hours of stitching, over 100 hours of cross stitch, the afghan blanket is finally finished.  We decided not to have it fringed just in case the baby sucked one of the fringing bits off or just as important, lovely little Rosie cat decided the fringes would be good to play with!!!!



I backed the afghan with some white polycotton material as this meant that I could hide the hemming around the outer edge and also hide the underside of the stitching.


7 comments:

  1. Oooh, it is splendid, Liz. I was surprised when I saw it, I expected lines of motifs rather than around the edge one. It is certainly a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful :o) I hope Mummy & Daddy-to-be-G are thrilled with it, too. It's gorgeous & a lovely future heirloom :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on such a work of love. I'm sure the parents-to-be will love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing Liz - well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your quilt is gorgeous Liz and very well done for getting it finished..bet they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous project - you should be very proud of yourself, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb job, such a lot of patience needed to complete this. Gorgeous well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous Comments have been blocked.