Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

The first of Christmas

I really didn't expect to be making a Christmas card so soon but as I have a pile of cards to recycle and CraftHazelnut's challenge was for something recycled for a Christmas card, I thought I really shouldn't put them away before making something.

I have cut a snowy image from a card and mounted it on some red paper.  I have then used my Fiskars Mini-Boss to emboss some holly leaves in the corner.  I have then used Stickles on them and added holly berries used Liquid Pearls.  Finally I added a greeting at the bottom.



I have entered this in the following challenges:

The Sisterhood of Crafters:  Let it snow/Winter card
Creative Card Crew:  #1 Snowy Day
ABC Christmas challenge:  A for Anything Christmas
CHNC Challenge #54: Give it a new lease of life
Tuesday throwdown: Baby its cold outside


7 comments:

  1. What a pretty combination of liquid pearls and stickles with that fabulous image =) Thanks for joining The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Let It Snow challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious ... love the vintage image! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Let It Snow’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delightful card, Liz - great use of the recycled image - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 54 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, Liz. Very nostalgic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and hey, it's never too early to start on Christmas cards and it's even better that you recycled. Love how you used the recycled image. Beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so sweet. Great job at recycling :)
    Thank you for playing along with our Let It Snow challenge over at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card,Liz. Thanks for joining the A challenge at ABC Christmas challenge.
    Hope to se you again.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous Comments have been blocked.